Skip to main content

Michigan

Sales over $20,000

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Laura

Once you sell over the 20,000 dollar limit what type of licenses do you need? Obviously you can sell over the limit, but I’m sure things change you probably have to consider yourself a manufacturer or something along those lines. I’m not where near this but I plan to make this a part of my living when I live in Michigan shortly and wish to know the specifications.

Thanks! :)

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Oftentimes people use the cottage food laws as an easy way to get a food business started. Once you pass the limit, then you need to become a standard food business, which, aside from getting licenses and certain amounts of training, would require you to make everything in a commercial kitchen, instead of your home kitchen. The process can be significantly more complicated and costly, but that is the way most food businesses get setup. I’m not sure all the licenses you would need when you get bigger, but there are many other resources out there about that, because it is so common.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.