Skip to main content

California

Veggie Side Dish…can I sell this?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ricky

I’m trying to figure out if I am allowed to sell a side dish that my mother makes as a CFO in Los Angeles.
    It’s made out of vegetables, herbs, spices, oil & vinegar. If not, is there any way I can sell this ?

Thanks for all your help!

David Crabill
    Keymaster

You can’t sell it under the cottage food law… you need to use a commercial kitchen. http://forrager.com/faq/#commercial

ricky

Thanks for the reply, David. The dish I’m trying to sell can be made in 1 day, but it has to be left to be marinated in oil for about 2-3 days (no refrigeration needed) Can I use the commercial kitchen just for the 1 day, or do I also have to keep the marinating food at the kitchen as well for the remainder of the days? And am I able to legally sell the dish anywhere assuming all the prep was done at the commercial kitchen?

Thanks in advance for the help!

David Crabill
    Keymaster

All of the prep needs to happen in the commercial kitchen… you can’t use your home for production. Once you go through the process of becoming a commercial food processor, you can sell anywhere (assuming you have the appropriate permits to sell there).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.