Skip to main content

California

Storefront on premises

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Crabill 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Debbie Kiggens
    Participant

Hi,
    My property is divided into 3 parcels, one of which is commercial with a building on it. My current plan is to sell my CFO products that I make in my home kitchen (which is across the parking lot) and sell them from my store. Which liscense do I need, a class A or class B.

sandie

In CA, if you are selling directly to customers, you only need a Class A permit. If you wanted to sell wholesale so that another store or market could sell your products, you would need a Class B permit. Also, if you wanted to provide sample at a farmer’s market, you would need a class B permit. Not sure if the “samples” rule applies to selling directly from your own location.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Although direct sales only require a Class A registration, that assumes that the direct sales will not occur in a retail facility, from what I’ve gathered. I guess the first question you need to address is whether your store is allowed to sell food items? There are specific requirements of what and how a retail facility may sell food, and you’ll need to speak directly to your health dept to learn about those requirements. In the end, you may need to get a Class B permit to allow the store to sell your CFO products — even though you own it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.