Skip to main content

California

CFO Class A/B Permit Steps

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Glass Jar Jellies

I’m the creator of Glass Jar Jellies (I make savory and sweet Jams, Jellies and Marmalades) and I would like to begin selling my products. I know I need a Class A for direct sales and a Class B for indirect sales. But the problem I’m coming across is finding the order in which to file all of the required paperwork. What do I HAVE to have and what do I fill out first? Any help or guidance would be welcome.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

First of all, I think it’s unlikely that savory jams would be allowed under this law. The types of canned goods you can produce must have an appropriate combination of sweet and/or acidic. I don’t think there’s an instance where your jams or jellies could include vegetables. This resource should help explain what’s allowed.

To learn more about what foods are allowed and what permits/licenses you need to get, you ultimately need to start by talking to your environmental health dept. There isn’t really any consistency between counties, but Cristin’s guide provides a good starting point for things you should be aware of.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.